Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Old Traviatra

I decided to look at old Traviata contact sheets suspecting I'd find pictures of Joaquin Romaguera. I found much more than that. Mar. 26, 1967, Act III, the dancers.  I'm not a good dance photographer, do't know enough about dance. I don't know the names here, but they deserve to be remembered.
 
I think this is Maria Alba.

Act I, Joaquin was a member of the chorus, Sept. 15, 1967 with Arlene Adler
Act III, Tibor Kelen is Alfredo with Diane Kehrig, Mar. 23, 1968. In background, Karl Krause, Dick Parks and Maria West, also Joaquin
Same moment. Oct. 19, 1968.
Oct. 25, 1968  Muriel Greenspon was Flora, Joaquin behind her.  This was before she was married.
In 1971 Joaquin was doing solo parts,  images posed in dressing room, Giuseppe, Mar. 28, 1971



He could even have been in "Fiddler on the Roof" in this get-up.

Fun memories from Traviata. New York City Opera.

No comments: