Monday, May 15, 2023

More Romaguera images

Back into the files.... surely there will be something in CARMEN even though it's not in my data base. Voila,... 1967  Joaquin was a member of the chorus.  I didn't really know who I was photographing, just watching faces from the wings.
 
At another 1967 performance, goofing around with Jodell Kenting another chorus member.

I love this one..  also 1967, Bob Kelly on the left. He went on to join the chorus at the Met. Hugette Touraugeau was the Carmen, Joaquin behind her..
Joaquin, next to him Maria West, in front Anthea DeForest and behind her Joan August who was married to Dan Kingman.
In 1971 Juaquin assumed  proper roles, no longer a chorister.  Here he is as Lillas Pastia, shot in dressing room.
I know I'll find more images when I'm not looking for them. This is a fun post for New York City Opera friends and family.

No comments: