Sunday, May 14, 2023

Joaquin Romaguera RIP

Joaquin Romaguera was a spirited  character singer with New York City Opera. He was in my lens from 1968- 1975. I've dug in my files for representative roles.  First Goro in MADAM BUTTERFLY, April 25, 1975 with Gaetano Scano as Pinkerton.
  
Don Curzio in MARRIAGE OF FIGARO, April 19, 1969  with David Clatworthy as the Count, Act III.

Monostatos in MAGIC FLUTE Mar. 16, 1969, head shot done in dressing room during intermission.

MOST IMPORTANT MAN By Menotti, March 7, 1971, from left too right, John Lankston, Joaquin (Standing), Tom Jamerson, Don Yule, William Ledbetter, Jack Bittner and standing, Harry Theyard and Eugene Holmes

From NINE RIVERS FROM JORDAN by Hugo Weisgal, Oct. 9, 1968, a Dead Man. I don't remember the music or the story.

Images posted for  all the colleagues who were there.  It as fun.

My condolences to all the family members, colleagues, and friends.


No comments: