Saturday, June 15, 2019

Franco Zeffirelli, RIP

These are posted with a heavy heart. FRANCO ZEFFIRELLI taught me what great opera is all about. These are just a few images, already scanned. First, from the Colony Club 1964 after a talk. Fabrizio Milano is on the right. This was shot before I really knew what I was doing with a camera.
OTELLO, 1972 with Sherrill Milnes as Iago,Act II and one solo shot. Direction by emotions.
BOHEME 1981 with Teresa Stratas and Jose Carreras, end Act I
TOSCA 1985 in rehearsal room, Act II with Hildegard Behrens and Cornell MacNeil
More TOSCA with Placido Domingo and the always cigarette
TURANDOT 1987  with Ping, Pang, Pong and then Eva Marten
With the chorus men Act III,i and then Act III, ii
                                                    From DON GIOVANNI 1990
To all the Zeffirelli admirers and friends my heartfelt condolences.  To dear Maestro, thank you forever. R.I.P.

No comments: