Friday, February 10, 2017

Gedda, Part two of tribute

Another group of emotional images. DON PASQUALE, Dec. 1978, Gabriel Bacquier as Pasquale, Gedda as Ernesto
Ernesto with Norina, Beverly Sills, also Dec. 1978
FAUST, Dec. 1972, title role
FAUST, final scene with Colette Boky as Marguerite
VESPRI, Jan. 1974, Caballe as Helene and Gedda as Henri
TRAVIATA  Oct. 1983, Gedda as Alfredo, Kiri TeKanawa as Violetta
PIQUE DAME Dec. 1972, Gedda as Gherman and Regina Resnik as the Countess
These are the earliest images in my Library, actual performance Oct. 17, 1963, shot with a little Petri camera, a split frame camera so that each picture was 1/2 of the frame, no way to know what was being captured. The real point and shoot, no help from camera. I have no idea why I've kept these films, lots of lint and scratches, but emotionally they rate. Anna Moffo was Manon. Gedda as DesGrieux. The Count DesGrieux was Giorgio Tozzi. Lescaut was Frank Guarrera. Each of the two strips are really two separate images, but this was the only way they could be scanned.
Dec. 10, 1972, a famous Swedish restaurant. I don't remember who said I should do this. I've scanned the wide shot to show smoking permitted in restaurant.  I think this is Nicolai with his wife.
All the images are meant as an emotional gift for all the Gedda fans.
RIP, sweet man.

No comments: